Live Life to the Fullest
Health, Fitness, and Beauty Tips
|Ten Tips for Skin Care||| Print ||
Healthy skin is one of the most important factors of your beauty. This article about skin care tips is an effort to give you the 10 best skin care tips. The list of skin care tips has been limited to 10 because anything more that that would not only be difficult to remember, but also repeat the more important skin care tips. Without further ado, here are the top 10 skin tips:
* A bit of exercise and good sleep are vital, not just for skin care but for your health as a whole. A shortage of sleep can lead to formation of wrinkles below your eyes and lack of exercise can cause your skin to slack. Furthermore, exercise and sleep also help in beating stress. In addition to being a skin care tip, this is also a health care tip.
* Drink quite a bit of water. Doing so will not keep your skin moist but will help in overall upkeep of your health (and in turn your skin). It might seem a bit of a challenge to some, but this is an important skin care tip.
* Learning your skin type is one of the most important tidbits of skin care advice. Knowing your type is important because not every skin care product works for everyone. In fact, all the skin care products detail the type of skin they cater to.
* Treat your skin gently, after all, it's your body. Don't scrub or exfoliate too harshly or too often. Likewise, don't apply too much or too many skin care products.
* Cleanse your skin regularly (one to two times daily), which is a very effective skin care tip that helps in getting rid of the dirt and other brutal elements from your skin. Cleansing is particularly important when you have been out of your house (and therefore exposed to pollutants, dust and so on). This skin care tip also promotes the use of lukewarm water for cleansing (hot and cold water can both do damage to your skin)
* Use sunscreen to shield yourself from the sun's harmful UV rays. You may apply day-time moisturizers that have sunscreen built into them. Use them even when it isn't sunny. UV radiations are known to cause skin cancer, so follow this skin care tip unquestionably.
* Keep your skin moisturized at all times. The importance of moisturizer is one of the most important skin care tips. Don't allow your skin to get dry. Dryness causes the outer layer of your skin to crack, causing a rough and unattractive appearance. Try moisturizers and emollients. Moisturizers work best when applied while the skin is still wet.
* Avoid putting soap directly on your face. Soap should only be used on skin below the neck.
* Don't let stress get to you. The harmful effects of stress are widely known, however, sometimes stating the obvious is essential as well (and hence this skin care tip found its place here). Yes, stress damages skin too. So, take a break or pamper yourself with a warm bubble bath or just get good sleep.
* Treat skin problems with care. This skin care tip is all about not ignoring any skin problems. Consult your dermatologist before you try a new skin care product (lest you do end up harming your skin even more).
|< Prev||Next >|